Yep, you read that right. God can really make me angry and today was one of those days.
After work, I ran to the grocery store to get groceries. I grabbed what I needed and got in the checkout line. In front of me was an elderly lady, probably in her 80′s, with her daughter. The cashier had rang up all of her groceries and put them in the woman’s shopping cart. The woman then tried to pay for her groceries, however, she couldn’t remember her pin number. Her daughter said to the cashier, “I’m so sorry she has Alzheimer’s and doesn’t remember things.” After three tries, the system locked her out of her card so she couldn’t use it anymore. Her daughter said she couldn’t pay for it because she only had $10 dollars to pay for her groceries. As I’m standing in line, here is the following conversation that is happening in my head between God and me.
God: “Heather, you need to pay for this woman’s groceries.”
Me: “No I don’t, she doesn’t remember her pin number it’s not my problem.”
God: “Yes it is, you are to help those in need.”
Me: “But I need the money to pay for my groceries, save for our wedding, pay our electric bill.”
God: “Heather, remember what I taught about taking care of the elderly and those in need.”
Me: “Dang IT GOD! No.”
God: “Heather, yes. It is only $22.92″
Me: “aslkdjfa;skdjfa;ksljdf”
If you can’t tell, I lost the argument. I then tried to get out of there as fast as possible before the woman realized what I had done, but it didn’t work. Now I’m home angry at God. I really hate it when God interferes with my daily plans.
I didn’t write about this because I want the attention, because I don’t. I wanted to write about this because being a christian and following God is dangerous business. You never know when God will show up and prompt you to do something. Sometimes its a positive experience and sometimes it can just upset me. Whatever the case, don’t fight it and just go with what God prompts you to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment